The Student Ambassador Program is a Program designed to help new incoming immigrants transition smoothly in schools. The student ambassadors will assist the students in finding classrooms, lockers, and major areas of the school. They will also work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student. Furthermore, they inform the new students about resources offered in school and also at Vitendo 4 Africa organization. The student ambassadors will also help other immigrants that are already at the school develop friendships and connections among the immigrant population.
About Us/ Who we are:
The program will consist of:
- Immigrant new students
- Student Ambassadors
- School districts
- Immigrants already in the schools
- The student ambassador should be willing to connect with the immigrant students or befriend immigrant students and as a result they will be able to exchange cultures and ideas.
- The student ambassadors will be volunteering their time.
- The student ambassador will gain leadership skills, cultural diversity and credibility.
- The new student will receive a package with resources and information to help with the transition.
- The targets for the program will be immigrants mainly from Africa because Vitendo 4 Africa focuses on being a resource to immigrants from Africa.
- The program will allow V4A to reach out to more immigrants and be able to offer our valuable resources to them.
Goals and Objectives
- Assist in making smoother transitions
- Conduct school tours
- Provide tutoring classes/academic assistance
- Connect immigrants students and their communities
- Inform immigrants students about resources offered in school and at Vitendo 4 Africa
- Allow the ambassador students to gain leadership skills and build their profile
- Promote diversity and cultural interactions
- The student ambassadors will meet every two months to discuss about their experience but if the students need help they are free to inform us or the school any time.
- We will have a meeting at the beginning of the school year to discuss about our goals and objectives for the year
- We will also meet in the middle of the year( end of 1st Semester) to discuss our progress and also at the end of the year to evaluate the program.
- At the end of the school year any student at the school who wants to be part of the program will sign up and will receive some training in the summer on how to be a great student ambassador
Benefits of being an ambassador?
- Will connect with the immigrant students or befriend immigrant students and as a result they will be able to exchange cultures and ideas.
- Will gain volunteering hours, leadership skills, and build their profile.
- Will be more cultural connected.
Benefits of the new student?
- He/she will be able to transition easily to the new school and education system
- He/She will receive a package with resources and information to help with the transition
- He/She will be connected with Vitendo 4 Africa and will benefit from the resources provided by the organization.
- He/She is gonna be aware that we have resources offered in schools and at Vitendo 4 Africa
- He/She will have a friend to talk to whenever they need to
Benefits of the school?
- Will be able to provide a welcoming platform for new immigrant students
- Will encourage diversity and cultural interactions among students
- Will promote cultural exchange between students, staff and community
- Allow another positive program for other students who are interested to join